Monday, July 5, 2010

(July 2nd) comment on the following statement “since everything is on internet, I don’t need books …right?”

That is absolutely wrong!!! I think It should be “since everything is on internet, I still need books” people do need books; books are part of most people’s lives. There are a lot of reasons that people do need books: most people cannot afford to buy a computer, plus people can improve their reading by reading books, books are way cheaper than having a computer, reading books is a green way because people will not waste electricity. For example: computers waste a lot of electricity which wastes a lot of money. Plus Books give the reader a culture of greatness and provides information and benefits you in your daily life, I think that most people that read books are educated and reach high levels in science and also be promoted at work and all this because they have a culture that made them live up to the highest levels that would provides them language intact, and their minds will be full of information, heavy information that will benefit them to challenge others and engage in numerous experiments either scientific or cultural. Going back to the status “since everything is on internet, I don’t need books …right” people need books and computers, but the most highly recommended is books because computers are physically and psychologically effective. What I have read is that computers led to a lot of health problems and symptoms that may be suffering from, including pain and burning dryness in the eyes, double vision and blurry vision, headache and pain in the head, pain in the neck and shoulders, increasing the sensitivity of the limelight, and the difficulty to shift the focus of the eyes from the screen to other things.

1 comment:

  1. I also feel that books give people more than simple facts and bits of information. Books have a way of shaping someone's mindset, or engaging their imaginations, and opening up the whole world. The Internet can also have this influence, especially if someone has the possibility of accessing a book on-line, such as a scanned/digitized rare book or an electronic version of their textbook.

    Good point that you made about health problems related to computer use!

    Tina M. Moser, MLIS
    Health Sciences Library
    UC-Denver Anschutz Medical Campus

    ReplyDelete