what would you hope to study when you go to college? why?
I would hope to study in pre-med and become a doctor, I chose this major because that was the only thing I wanted to study when I was a kid. And I have always wanted to be a doctor because I realize how good it makes you feel inside when you know that you are able to help somebody. And one of my main reasons to study pre-med and to become a doctor is when I had this car accident in 2003 and I almost past out I remember people stopping by and helping me, and one of the people took me to the hospital because the ambulance was late and I was bleeding a lot. At that time being a doctor was my final thing to do when I grow up it was the only reason I wanted to do. Pulse no-one in my family studied to be a doctor they thought it was waste of time studying a lot just to be a doctor so I wanted to work hard and show them that it takes anything to reach success and I wanted to take the chance to be the first one in my family to be a doctor. When somebody is dying or in need of help and no one else is there to help but you. I love helping people and I don't care if I will have to do it all my life. And I would no longer have to watch helplessly on television but help them with my own hands. Especially when people get sick or have an injury, they pretty much look up to the doctor to help them and I want to be the one or the “doctor” to make sure they'll be ok in the long term.
Riad,
ReplyDeleteThat would be something, wouldn't it? To be able to demonstrate for your family what dreams and hard work could accomplish? I liked what you said about how helping people makes you feel good inside. A lot of your classmates have mentioned this as well, and this is the thing that directs the paths that they have chosen for themselves.
I wish you the best!
Tina M. Moser, MLIS
Health Sciences Library
UC-Denver Anschutz Medical Campus